You may remember the name. You may have been in the group (it still exists on Facebook). Seven years ago, you may have been one of the 30-some people that committed to Move-ember.
Move-ember is a campaign during the month of November to encourage people to be a little more active as the weather gets cooler and the days get shorter.
This year I am running Move-ember for the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) to help raise money for their Charitable Workplace Campaign. But I thought, “why not involve more people to do even more good?”
At PHAC, members will be donating as their “registration fee”. For the general pop, I thought we would adopt the same method on an honour-system basis.
If you’d like to participate in Move-ember this year, here’s what you need to do:
A) Choose a charity to donate to OR support a local business by buying a gift card (fun, right?).
B) Message me letting me know which charity/local biz you’ve donated to (no need to tell me the amount) and give me your email.
C) I will include you in all Move-ember activities moving forward.
Now you’re probably asking, “What’s included in my Move-ember membership?”
- Scheduled Microsoft Teams lunch hour workouts three times per week (you don’t need to have an MS Teams account to participate):
– Tuesday: celebrity series (dissecting celebrity workouts that we can do from home)
– Wednesday: mixed bag
– Friday: yoga
(if you can’t make it at lunch, I will send you the workout to do after)
- A weekly newsletter with information on fitness, nutrition, and wellness
- A weekly workout that you can do on your own time
- Occasional reminders to move/relax/walk/drink water/etc.
- A weekend activity that you can do with your friends/family/dog or on your own
RSVP by Tuesday, October 27. We will be starting on Monday, November 2 through to Friday, November 27 (4 weeks).
If you have any questions at all, please let me know!